Sometimes, as writers, we end to work straight from our heads, rather than follow an outline or a template for our blog posts. Writing from your head isn’t necessarily a bad thing – neither is following a template. However, we want to show you how you can go about writing from a template. We believe that this can be a great bit of help to bloggers who are having trouble getting their thoughts together or to bloggers who are interested in developing their work.
Let’s get started. Your blog post template has 6 parts and they are:
- A “compelling title”: The first thin people see, the first thing they read, the thing that can make or break the successfulness of your post, is the title. About 5 times more people read your title than your actual blog. That makes your title 5 times as important – take the time to make it worthwhile.
- A “lead paragraph”: This is second in line to the compelling title. You need to catch your readers’ attention with this first paragraph or else you will lose it. Don’t take too long to get to the point.
- A “relevant image”: A relevant image is a great attention-grabber too. If you want to attract your readers to your post, get a good image to integrate into your post.
- A “personal experience”: If you want people to be able to relate to you and to trust you, then you must remember to integrate your personal story into your writing. It helps bring a sense of transparency and honesty into your work.
- A “main body”: Your main body should be in a format that is easy for your readers to scan. People love this kind of format, because it’s easier to take in than big chunks of information.
- A “discussion question”: Try to initiate a conversation at the end of your post. Your aim is to get people involved with you and a question can help to start the dialogue.
Try using this template to construct your blogs and see if they make a difference in their effectiveness. If you need help with this or any online marketing service, you can give us a call! Our website marketing company understands how to master the skills that relate to SEO, email marketing, social platforms, content, coding and more. Check us out today for all of your social media needs and more! We’re always willing to help!