We often talk about placing your phone number on your website, so that people can see the number and contact you. You’ve got to expect your phone to start ringing really soon and you need to understand that with each call, there’s an opportunity to sell your product or service for your company. Even when you are the ones who’s going to make the calls, you should do them with the intention of specifically getting sales.
You should be aware of the various tactics you can use to help you out with sales on the telephone. Check them out.
- Don’t be afraid. You need to remember that your caller is simply on the phone and you can project a bold, brave attitude towards them.
- If you are going to call people, make sure that you have developed a specific target list, so that you know who exactly to call.
- Schedule time to make your calls. Try to make your calls in the morning – it seems to be the better times to call people.
- Make sure you plan your calls. Decide what exactly you’re going to say. Introduce yourself, describe your product and make your sale.
- Convey your confidence in your voice. People can tell when you’re nervous, even over the phone, so take extra care to make yourself sound confident and polite.
- When you’ve achieved a possible sale, don’t extend your conversation. Don’t keep asking unnecessary questions. Simply speak your concluding statement and end the conversation politely.
- Be careful with your caller ID. It would be good if your phone number’s ID is “private” or if it’s your personal name instead of your company’s name.
- Don’t stress about the number of calls you have to make. Just make them and you’ll get better along the way.
Remember, that as a marketer, your goal is to engage, inspire and stick with your audience. Your ultimate goal is to convert them. If you need help with this or any online marketing service, you can give us a call! Our website marketing company has the skills to take your SEO, email marketing, social marketing, and business to new heights and dominate your market. Check us out today for all of your marketing needs and more! We’re always willing to help!