Lots of people share posts on Facebook, retweet on Twitter, repost on Instagram and much more. Those are actions that seem simple but are very good for businesses. “Whereas social sharing is public, diffuse, and powerful at driving top-of-the-funnel awareness, email forwards are private, targeted, and excel at driving bottom-of-the-funnel action.” Forwarded emails do a whole lot for brands. Emails in themselves are powerful and effective tools that marketers use as ways to retain and convert their target audience.
The more emails your audience forward for you, the better. That’s why we want to introduce you to some tips that can help you to have your audience do a little email marketing for you.
- Keep your audience small and they would more likely send your email to others. The more specific your content, the more likely it is to be embraced and then forwarded, because your audience members are most likely very pleased with it.
- Make it more personalized. Subscribers are more likely to be receptive to an email that seems like it has been written just for them. It inspires them to share it with others.
- Make a call-to-action to share on social. This instigates a response in your reader. It’s like they hear “forward this email!” Add a SWYN (Share With Your Network) link to make it even more irresistible for them to forward.
- Your email is more likely to be shared if it is focused on one single topic, instead of on multiple topics. This way, your reader can pinpoint what exactly it’s about and will be comfortable sharing it with others, because they know those others will easily understand it too.
- Simplicity wins again. The most forwarded campaign emails were those with the less fancy or sophisticated designs. They were the ones which were really simple, clearly written and went straight to the point. That’s what most of your audience wants.
These tips are aimed at helping you to get more forwards on your emails, which will in turn, “increase your reach, raise awareness of your brand, aid in customer acquisition, boost email engagement, and lead to higher conversions and sales.” If you need more help in this field of marketing, you can give us a call! Our website marketing company understands how to master the skills that relate to SEO, email marketing, social platforms, content, coding and more. Check us out today for all of your social media needs and more! We’re always willing to help!