Even though you’re a business owner and you have genuine intentions, you need to remember that not everyone know that. Purchasing something online is a big deal – it involves a whole load of trust to invest in a good or service that was brought to your attention online. You may find that your website is drawing attention, but you’re still not getting any actual purchases from your site. These reasons are probably why:
- Website is irrelevant: You are getting traffic coming to your site, but not the correct type. You don’t want traffic that isn’t interested in the product or service you’re selling. If people are interested in toothpaste and you are selling soap, then there’s no point.
- Website doesn’t particularly look like the best: People want to be sure of what they’re getting. They want good, reliable service and if they think your website doesn’t have that, they will look for a website that looks like it does.
- Website makes it hard to locate what they want: If it takes too much effort to find the product or service that you’re looking for, your visitor will likely get frustrated and leave.
- Website doesn’t recommend anything: Sometimes you have to show people exactly what they need and want, because sometimes people just don’t know what they’re looking for. Let your website suggest or guide them towards making the best decision.
- Website doesn’t offer what the visitor needs: Remember, your goal is to satisfy the needs of the audience. They are always looking to solve a problem or cater to a specific need, so if they don’t think you can do that, then you have already failed.
- Visitor doesn’t believe the website: Here comes trust again. If your website looks cheap, “scam-ish” or “helter skelter”, then why would your visitor want to give you their most personal information like their credit card details?
- Website doesn’t answer questions: Of course your visitor would have a lot of things to ask about the product or service you’re offering. After all, it’s their money that will be spent and that’s why your visitors should have all their preconceived questions answered when they go to your website.
- Website experience is not pleasurable: Your visitors should not visit your site and be turned off by what they experience. Navigation should be easy, loading should be quick and appearance should be clean and attractive. If not, your visitors will find another website that has their user experience well put together.
Keep these things in mind. Just use the tips that apply to you and see how your success rate soars. If you need help with this or any online marketing service, you can give us a call. Our website marketing company understands how to master the skills that relate to SEO, email marketing, social platforms, content, coding and more. Check us out today for all of your social media needs and more. We’re always willing to help!