There are a number of hurdles that you may have to jump when you are aiming to create engaging content for the consumption of your audience. Online content should hold the attention of your audience if you want to ensure that what you have presented, has sufficiently impacted them enough to encourage then to invest in your product or service.
Before you publish your content onto your business website you should ensure that you check it for the following characteristics:
- Ensure that your content has a descriptive and demonstrative title which is around the range of 50 – 70 characters.
- Ensure that your content is about 250 words long, because search engines tend to prefer more robust content.
- Ensure that your content has a strong introduction paragraph which clarifies what exactly your content entails.
- Ensure that your content is telling a story to your audience, with a good narrative.
- Ensure that your content is able to effectively answer the frequently asked questions of your audience, so they won’t have to ask you too many things when they’re finished reading.
- Ensure that your content explains various concepts that are important for them.
- Ensure that your content comfortably integrates keywords into your content, without making it seem unnatural or excessive.
- Ensure that your content includes keywords in the important places, like the title, the meta description and the first paragraph.
- Ensure that your content’s sentences are concise. Don’t run too far with it – make it much easier for people to read and pick up.
- Ensure that your content doesn’t engage in the use of the passive voice, because it makes for a bad user experience.
- Ensure that your content makes use of images to entice the visual passion and engagement of your audience.
- Ensure that your content has a CTA available to help readers to engage with your content.
- Ensure that your content summarizes the lengthy ideas you have and breaks it down into more easily digestible chunks of information.
- Ensure that your content makes use of subheadings and bulleted lists when you can. It’s very popular for people who are scrolling and scanning for relevant content.
- Ensure that your content is cross-linked to other relevant content for yours.
Remember, that as a marketer, your goal is to engage, inspire and stick with your audience. Your ultimate goal is to convert them. If you need help with this or any online marketing service, you can give us a call! Our website marketing company has the skills to take your SEO, email marketing, social marketing, and business to new heights and dominate your market. Check us out today for all of your marketing needs and more! We’re always willing to help!